Show yourself some love
Life is all about balance. 7:2:1 has been adapted to incorporate that little thing we call real life! Try these delicious Rocky Road Protein balls from our Online Nutrition Bible, one of our favourite 10% options. Enjoy!
- 200g dark chocolate buttons
- 15ml coconut oil
- 20g protein powder
- 15g gluten free flour
- 50g diced dried apricots
- 30g sultanas
- 40g chopped dates
- 40g roasted and chopped macadamia nuts
- 40g mini marshmallows
- 40g chopped Turkish delight
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Pink food coloring
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce to simmer and place a dry clean bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring the water does not touch the bowl.
- Put chocolate and coconut oil in the bowl and stir until melted then remove.
- Combine protein powder, flour, apricots, sultanas, dates, nuts, marshmallows and Turkish delight.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut and a few drops of pink food coloring until the coconut turns pink then spread over a large plate.
- Using one tablespoon of mixture at a time, roll the mixture into balls. Roll through the pink coconut to coat. Refrigerate until set.