This year, TWO winners will be selected in the Summer Body Challenge, one male and one female, each winning an amazing Aussie Staycation with a partner including dinner, bed and breakfast plus spa voucher! After 8 weeks of fitness, nutrition and mindset, the prizes will be awarded to the best transformation in body and mind. We’ve already got FOMO! Read on for a few tips on putting your best entry forward.
Here’s how to maximise your chances
Your ‘before’ photo is your entry into the challenge. These guidelines for taking your ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos are not rules, only our recommendations for how to showcase your transformation to our judges!
- Location, Location: Choose a spot for your ‘before’ photo that’s well-lit, with minimal background clutter. Find a spot that you’ll be able to come back to at the end of the challenge to take your ‘after’ photo.
- Time of day: Aim to take your ‘before’ and ‘after’ photo at the same time of day, ideally in the morning.
- Phone a friend: Ask a friend or family member to take your photo for you. If that’s not possible, mirror selfies are OK, but make sure we can see your face!
- Dress code: We recommend swimwear but understand this is a totally personal decision. Active wear is also a good option, such as a crop top (for women) and shorts. Try to stay away from clothes that are too baggy.
- Head to toe: Ideally, your photo should show your whole body, head to toe. You may like to take a front and a side-on photo and combine them using one of the many free editing apps available.
- Don’t fake it: Relax and breathe normally for your ‘before’ photo. Remember this competition is about more than just size and shape. We’re looking for a genuine transformation.
- Keep it consistent: take your ‘after’ photo in the same location, on the same angle, at the same time of day, wearing the same clothes as your ‘before’ photo.
Remember, your ‘before’ and ‘after’ photo is only one piece of the puzzle! This challenge is for EVERYONE, whether you’re looking to lose weight, smash 10 chin ups, reduce your stress levels, run your first 5k, or build a 6-pack. Your TRM dashboard is the place to tell us all about your goals and what overhauling your health means to YOU. We can’t wait to get training!
A reminder of the details…
- You must be a TRM fitness member (active or elite membership) to register
- To register, simply log in to your TRM user dashboard and upload a ‘before’ photo by 11:59pm, Sunday 29 November 2020 (AEST)
- To be eligible for the prize, you must submit an ‘after’ photo and your description of your transformation by 11:59pm Sunday 24 January 2021 (AEST)
- The winners will be announced on Tuesday 26 January 2021
- Full competition terms and conditions are available on our website here
Go for it!